A common marketing strategy is to segment customers based on their behavior. The Thr!ve POS system communicates details about each transaction, including the order type and whether an order was an online order or not. To help you use this information, we've added the following criteria that you can use to search customers:
- All transactions delivery
- No delivery transactions (but has at least 1 transactions)
- No online transactions (but has at least 1 transaction)
- Last transaction online.
To see the results of each of these criteria, navigate to People and choose Customers.
Expand the Refine Results box and in the "In List" field, scroll down towards the bottom to choose one of these options.
Customers that fit this criteria will be selected.
At the bottom of the screen, select "All Visible" and choose the E-mail broadcast button to send these customers an email message.
- For customers who have only done delivery, you may want to entice them to visit your bar and try a craft beer next time. Send them more information about the great events inside your restaurant.
- For customers who have never tried delivery, you may be able to expand their frequency by encouraging them to give it a try
- For customers who have never ordered online, give them a special offer and let them know the advantages of online ordering
- For customers who regularly order online, give them a thank you deal that is only available online!
In addition to broadcast e-mails based on these criteria, you can also use them in your automated campaigns to segment the rewards you give. For example, if you are trying to boost online adoption, you could add a triggered campaign message that targets customers who have spent $200 but never ordered online. Give them a special offer only for online orders.
See the article on setting up a campaign
for more information on this. When choosing your trigger, you can limit it to customers on the list, or exclude customers on a list.